Saturday, December 17, 2011

Absolute Delights ; Dryer balls, cocoons, hats, knitted play food and more!.


I recently Participated in a coop for Absolute Delight which is a WAHM Facebook/Hyena Cart shop.
She makes really nice stuff like Cocoons , Hats, Never unroll Dryer Balls, and Play food. Since Winter was coming I decided to order a Cocoon and matching hat set to help keep my dear son warm.
Wait, wait, wait.... Whats a cocoon you ask? Well its just the most awesome thing made for babies since the boob. Basically Its a wool, or cotton blend knit Tube (some closed bottom some tie bottom), that you tuck baby in and its like a womb/swaddle blanket. She can make them for preemie babies (which we all know are impossible to find things for) and Larger babies like mine. Keeps them all snuggle tight, safe to sleep in, and of so very very VERY soft!


Okay, so now that we are all caught up on what a cocoon is lets move on =). So I ordered mine in Cotton/synthetic blend, and a beautiful blue. It took me FOREVER to decide on the color because she has so many awesome colors to choose from. The size was the hardest part for me to figure out because my son is growing super fast and I didnt want to buy this and have to get rid of it a week later lol. So I ordered a size bigger then I thought I should get. Super excited I wait and wait. Check the mail every day. Since she makes them by hand and a ton of ladies ordered in the same coop it took a little while longer then usual to get my order (not counting the USPS issues Not to be blamed on Deb {owner of Absolute Delights}) When my cocoon and hat Finally Arrived I jumped with glee.. Which landed me firmly on my butt since I was standing on Black Ice in the middle of the road.
I had to rush in and snatch my baby away from his uncle who was playing with him to try it out !


It Worked Great! My Dear son enjoyed being snug and warm, as well as a nice chew on the soft (oh so soft) yarn. Time for the hat! It looks great! Dear son is Enjoying his cocoon and actually keeping his hat on hehe.


So not only is it Uber soft But Baby Loves it too! yay!
Dear son loves to fall asleep in it too. Though while asleep he does tend to wiggle out, But im sure its how much my son kicks and wiggles in his sleep. And actually as I was writing up this review Dear son Woke up, reached for his cocoon, and tried putting it over his feet. (only 6.5months)

So these are a great replacement to swaddle blankets! A definite Conversation starter.
Prices Very By Size and Yarn type so be sure to head over to Deb's shop and ask her about these awesome cocoons!

Wait. She sells other things to! Did I buy any other items you ask? Why yes, Yes I did!
I ordered a set (2) of her small Never unroll Dryer balls!
Ok so your new to Cloth Diapers and dont know what dryer balls are either?? Thats Okay! Thats what I'm here for!! And to be honest I didnt know what Dryer Balls were either until this coop came around.
Dryer balls are (usually made out of) Wool balls (scented or not) that you place in your dryer with your Diaper laundry and they do a couple of things.
  1. Since you cant use fabric softener , They kinda beat the cloth softer
  2. Help save energy by helping the load to dry faster
  3. If scented will release the scent just like a fabric sheet and help add a little smell good to your fluff.

Well Since the recommended amount of balls for help in the drying and softening department is 4-6 balls and I only have 2 Smalls, I dont have a very good idea on how well they work, But I can tell a slight difference in my Bamboo Diapers softness. BUT I can tell you Deb's balls Smell AhMazing! She has so many different Essential oil scents I picked "Lick me all over" AkA: LMAO its so nice and my diapers smell great after a dry!
Deb's Balls are not like other's balls though. She does the normal Wool ball wrapped around itself But then she goes a few steps further. They are made with a knitted cover to help them from unrolling. These dryer balls are first rolled into balls with 100 percent wool yarn. Then are rolled with wool yarn and felted. The wool in the balls make them shrink as they felt; making a denser dryer ball. Next I knit up a cover, sew it on, and shrink the covers over the balls. I measure each ball prior to felting. The finished balls will be approximately an inch smaller then they are to start with. Making them not only Extremely functional but also look really cool.
Her list of scents you ask? well here you go :
Scents available
(some choices are limited)

Fragrance oil (fo) and Essential oils (eo)

Butt Naked (FO) note medley of granny smith apples and honeydew melon, middle notes of strawberries and pears, with hints of spice.

Baby Clean (FO) top notes of granny smith apple, lemon zest, and hints of mint, rounded out with blossoms of spring wildflowers, butterfly violets & honeysuckle

Guardian Angel (FO)blend of soft rose petals, baby breath, and white flowers, with perfect accents of clove, nutmeg, patchouli, sandalwood, and Madagascar vanilla

Butterfly Meadows (FO) top notes of summer dandelion, refreshing verbena, and soft heliotrope; followed by middle notes of spring meadows, lily of the valley, and weeping willow; all sitting on base notes of sweet pea blossoms and Kentucky blue grass.

cucumber mint (FO) top notes of garden-fresh cucumber, ripe banana, and juicy clementine; followed by middle notes of cyclamen blossoms, African violets, and Madonna lily; sitting on base notes of palm fronds, spearmint leaves, and cool peppermint.

childrens room (FO) A very soft violet powder accord with very light floral bottom notes of peony and alyssum flowers.

love spell (FO) a fresh fruity citrus fragrance with top-notes of grapefruit, apple, strawberries and clementines, a middle-note of peach, black currant and rose petals and a sweet white musky base note

clean cotton (FO) top notes of Kaffir lime and lemon zests; followed by middle notes of baby powder, African violet, and jasmine; sitting on base notes of woods and white musk

Citrus- (EO) Orange, Grape fruit, Tangerine

Chocolate Sundae- (FO) Chocolate, bananas, and cherries

Lick me all over- (FO) Rich with notes of fruit and tropical paradise, you and your customers will love the alluring aroma of this trendy favorite. Perfect for exotic blends. Raspberry, Melon, Citrus with a slight floral note.

Sandalwood rose (FO) - sandalwood and rose in a mystical fragrance base of fruits, oriental florals, neroli, amber and musks.

Melon Jasmine (FO) cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, and fresh cucumber; rounded out with aromatic French jasmine, and cyclamen

Coco Mango (FO) fruity notes of mango, fresh strawberries, elderberries, and ripe papaya. This scent is completed with rich vanilla and toasted coconut with just a hint of soft musk.

Chocolate chip cookie (FO) wonderful aroma of freshly baked cookies with base notes of semi-sweet chocolate and vanilla

Lavender (EO)
Cherry blossom (FO)
Orange (EO)
Warm vanilla (FO)
Grapefruit (EO)
Coconut lime (FO)
Cherry Almond (FO)
Cucumber melon (FO)
ROSE (EO)


Neither of these pictures are my balls But are a better picture then I could get and come Directly from her HC and FB pages.






So after everything I have learned from Deb , her hard work and craftsmanship, Excellent customer service, and great ability to create a wonderful scent, and more then reasonable prices.
I give Absolute Delights
5 out of 5 snaps



Close ups of the cocoon:


lol hubby even found a use for it.

If you enjoy my reviews Please Follow my Blog =)

No comments:

Post a Comment